An Homage to Love and its Impossibilities

Tell me why you do such things to yourself, alone, hidden in the silent veil of moonlight?
Do you wake up at night, unable to breathe from the depth of the fear and sadness you felt?
From your recurrent nightmare of never fulfilling your dreams?
Of disappointing those who believed in you, or even worse, the reflection in the mirror?
Whisper to me the dark secrets of your life and I will sneak them past prying eyes into the deepest vaults of me heart,
And I promise to lock them there and keep the keys from you.
Lean on me until you forget the cold shoulders you got from people you wanted to prove yourself to;
Lie beside me and together, we will laugh until we cry and then laugh again,
Until the sun sheds its bloody mask and reveals its beautiful golden center, that you and I always knew was there.
Call me when you feel your thoughts are too loud to drown out with drums beating to the rhythm of your pulsating veins,
When your mind turns to dark pasts and grim futures,
When you hold your eyes shut, in hopes that the dark monsters that haunt you will leave you unscathed,
When despite trying to put up a brave front, that lone tear escapes your eyes, exposing to the world your bruised heart.
When you can bear it no longer, I promise I will hold you close and whisper into your ears the truth I believe more than anything;
That you can always know for a fact that I’m here now, and I always will be…
I love you more than I can say and my heart breaks even when I hear you pause to swallow your tears
I recognize a faltering heart even over the phone and you should know that my own heart sinks lower than I have ever felt it go when I feel yours waver.
I hate that I am powerless to help you from where I stand, that I can only wish I could deny promises and forgo the responsibilities that chain me down, to be by your side when I know you need me.
But all I can offer are lullabies hummed in soft silences to reassure you and words molded into bandages for your aching soul,
doing what I can with them, to form an abstract hug with a hot cup of warm words to make you realize just how much you mean to those around you.
So I promise you it will all work out, my dear, just breathe...
I promise the world will be better tomorrow, my love... just breathe.

4/24/2011

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: