For those I love...

You should know, I have planted a garden for you, in a secret location I can’t disclose to you right now,
For bad times and good, so I can reach out and grab something to make you feel a little better.
I have in my garden, not just the obvious things like hugs, tissues, ice cream, water guns, blankets and extra fluffy pillows;
I have the ingredients for your favorite soup and the number to the closest airline agent so when you want a break from the world, we can just book a ride to the moon or drop by and visit your favorite constellation;
I have a lego brick wall, ready to lock you into when you want to run away but you really need to face the music, and for when you decide to a quit a bad habit;
I have a dozen bear-huggers waiting around for the word to go, because you know I’m awkward with intimacy and sometimes, even I find it hard to get over my insecuruities to soothe yours.
I have a dictionary, a thesaurus and Wikipedia on hold for when you feel stupid, or for when you just want to look up something weird like, I don’t know, “how to make your own summer hats”…
And don’t worry, I even have a ‘slap-in-the-face’ for times when I’m inconsiderate or if you ever feel the need to use it on someone else.
And this was hard, and I can never seem to keep track of them, but I had 8 ninjas brought in for anyone who thinks they can break your heart and get away with it.
I have a room full of puppies, bunnies, kittens and even some videos of giggling babies for when you need to warm your soul.
And in the middle of the garden, is a brand new rainbow, just to freak you out; at the end of which isn’t a pot of gold, but a video archive of your childhood, that will be your fountain of youth.
And anytime you feel too old to do the chicken dance, or think your adult life is getting you down, you can grab yourself some waterguns and refill them with memories of you running around the backyard w/ a broom and mom’s apron as your sword and cape, fighting away the bad guys (her rose bushes).
I want you to never forget the way you danced to make me laugh and how your dreams as a child paved way for your desire to save the world as a teenager;
I want you to remember that even though the world seems to stomp on your dreams sometimes, I will always be around the corner, trusty watergun in hand and a soap bubble blower tucked in my belt, ready to remind you that its okay to be a child sometimes and reconnect with the dreams and desires you left behind a long time ago…..because that’s the person I fell in love with anyway.
I also had a bubble bath drawn up for you, with a rubber ducky on top, in a room with soundproof walls, so you can sing your heart out, or cry until you have no tears left;
I have beds with thousands of pillows on them, for when you think your falling;
And all the cotton candy you could ever desire.
I have a list of conversation topics for awkward moments, not that you’d ever need it, you could befriend a wall if you wanted to;
But I do have lots of love, in a room full of clouds, and some hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows for when your friends hurt you.
I have little musical boxes with wings, that we can lock your secrets in, throw the keys away and they’ll fly off into oblivion, where even God cant open them without tripping the alarm- musical notes dripping from frenzied violins and harps, floating in the sky, alerting watchful eyes of prying ears.
I should let you know, just in case, that if suspicious people come looking for me, don’t worry, they’re just angry that I stole the most beautiful sights in the world so I could take your breath away.
And don’t fret, I do have a first aid box in here somewhere, so I hope you’ll live forever, to your hearts content.
Sometime I wish I could tell you how much I want to protect you from the world but I can’t, and getting hurt isn’t always a bad thing either;
So go out and live your life and just know that if you ever need me, I’ll be here, in my garden- blankets and water gun in one hand, and ninjas and cotton candy in the other;
I’ll be here, if you ever need me, so don’t be afraid to just go out there, and go crazy.

4/26/2011

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: