I'll be dreaming tonight


Why do we awaken from dreams so easily?
So quickly they wash over us and so quickly forgotten
Why do we awaken so willingly?
Why do we resign ourselves to the boring gloom of reality
If only I could live in my dreams, if only I could be as free as I am in them
No need to conform to the uncaring, un-inquisitive drivel of this world,
No need to worry about expectations so heavily pregnant with desire to avoid disappointment
No need fear the pleasure of following my heart.
How easily we give up control of even our dreams, just as we do in reality
Living lives as if death has washed its puppet nature over us already
So ready to let others dictate our lives, our actions, our priorities.
I envy those who live like nomads, following what they choose to
Yet I also desire to still have a home to myself,
To have someone to come home to, someone to love and someone who loves me
It is very difficult though to have both in reality isn’t it?
How can one reconcile the two in an amicable manner?
Ah, you are a cruel temptress, dream
Why do you tease my lonely restless heart with such relentlessly unrealistic dreams?
Why hand me such fuel that burns me inside with such desire that can never be satisfied?
Why do you singe my fragile body with such a wicked and cruel heart?
Can you not see how I suffer from the inability to grab onto you from my world
Can you not see the longing in my eyes, the peaked curiosity of every fibre of my being, the enthrilling fear of wanting you so badly and yet knowing I can never have you
Yet I can coyly admit that in all honesty, I don’t really care
If reality is so gray and bleak then I would at least like an escape from its terribly logical rationale
So then, give me colorful dreams of muses
Dreams only 5 yr olds can fathom, their imaginations without the boundaries of 'growing up' and all that entails
Give me dreams full of vivid life, glorious impossibilities and things that inspire every sense of mine to rediscover the true magnanimity of the word awesome
Give me dreams that give me reason to live another day so I can get yet another night to dream
Give me dreams worth living for, dreams that even when I awaken, chase my thoughts , hold captive the gray of life and shield my eyes with glasses so rosy, that the word ‘bleak’ loses meaning
Give me dreams that help me look past the darkness and sorrow in world and see something better within the heart of humanity
Give me dreams that ignite every cell’s passion within me so that nothing can deter me from the hope to live them out
Yes, give me dreams worth living for.

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: