Faithless Lovers

How quick I am my Love, to leave your wounded side.
The faithlessness with which I forsake your love,
The depravity with which I abandon your mercy,
How is it that this heart could imagine such a wound
as it forces on your most tender heart?
How is it that you so easily forgive this faithlessness
repeated endlessly like the constancy you show.
Let my heart suffer the pain it has caused yours,
Let it know the gravity of its desires and your unwavering heart.
Pierce me my Love with pain like a plague;
That unable to escape, I may finally succumb to the agony your wounds should have caused me
May the guilt of my heart show itself on the scales- shield me not from my sins
My love, you have borne enough on your own
I cannot bear for a moment longer, that you should suffer for me.



7/3/16

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: