Let me be your little wildflower

Let me be your little wildflower, O Lord
I have no great things to profess or teach
I know no great truths or revelations
Allow me, my Lord, only to wander with you.
Let me grow on the mountain slopes you taught at- your soft chuckle, the song of my soul.
Let me grow on your windowsill where you paused to rest amidst work,
To speak with the Father and the Spirit;
Let me lean in and listen to your warm wisdom and your dialogue of love perfected,  
Let it be the light of my heart.
Let me be the flower you gently brushed with your hands
As you ran with your cousin John through the fields.
Let me be the littlest beauty, the little light to illuminate another’s day
I will be your little wildflower Lord,
Let me wander all my life tucked in the palm of your hand,
Between the fingers that crafted me,
Within the grasp that will never let me go.

4/25/14

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: