Safe (written as a song)

I was just a child, when he whispered in my ear
he said hush little girl, don’t you wanna hear
What is good and what is bad
What is gloom and what is sad,
Oh hush little girl don’t you wanna feel…
And I told him, told him to stop
And I knew in my heart he’d gone too far
Oh but all the while, while I shrank, I didn’t see my knight at hand,
Yes, I was safe, all the while, in another man’s heart
Ooo, another man’s heart…Oooo, another man’s hands

he birthed new pains, he broke new hearts
he saw tears in lashes but felt nothing in his empty hands
he told me, I’d grow up beautiful
But he never knew the child he held back by his look
Yes he told me lies by the book, I was too young, too scared to look
Oh but all the while, I was safe, in another man’s hands
Oooo another man’s hands, Oooo another man’s heart

He wiped my tears and He held my hand
He told me, I was precious in His eyes,
He was my rock, my confidant
His love at hand, nothing would take me down
As long as He was by my side, not even death could rock our boat
Ooo, in His hands, Ooo in His hands

Yes, He told my broken heart to heal
Told me, little girl, you’ll still be who you’re meant to be
No ill effects, no broken hearts, no failed attempts, no stormy nights
Nothing to fear at all, with me in His arms

Still when my stubborn heart wandered far
Searching high and low and refusing to give Him my heart
He sent me roses, till I came home
Found him waiting on the porch, his heart bleeding on His sleeve
Never did He lose hope, knew all along, I’d finally know
Yes, I was safe in His heart
I was safe, in His arms
I broke free of what chained me down, I didn’t know how till I noticed now
This whole time I’d been carried on,
Oh, in his arms I was home,
I was safe, my little heart, forever more.


Oooo in His hands, Oooo in His hands.

Comments

Some other stuff you may like peeking at: